Karen, over at Nothing but knit blog has shared another quiz/questions…this time about colour.
Here’s her questions and my answers.
- What is your favorite color? How is this color reflected in your crafting? My favourite colour is purple. I have a ridiculous number of purple hats, cowls and mittens I have made. I mean it’s crazy…but will I make more in purple? Definitely! Oh I knit a purple cardigan and a purple jumper and in my stash is some more purple jumper yarn and some deep pink..
- Do you prefer bright colors or more subdued shades? I wore black today and thought I looked much thinner and thought I should wear it more often but then the temperature increased and at lunch I switched to a purple t-shirt not a black one, so I think I tend to go for colours and that goes from subtle to bright, pretty evenly split.
- Does your color mood shift with the seasons? Do you carry one color all year and just change the accent color? I would say pretty much any season you’ll find me wearing either purple, pink or burgundy a lot!
- Is there a color you avoid? Or maybe it’s underrepresented in your crafting? I don’t like orange much and tend to avoid it. I had some orange fibre in a fibre club box and spun it but first blended it with some green and purple and it ended up looking muddy. See below.
- When you pick out your crafting supplies how important is color to you? Is it the first thing you consider or is it a bit further down the list? Colour is definitely important and I’m always trying to think what will go with an outfit. Having so much purple and burgundy shirts and T-shirt’s makes me want to knit jumpers to match/coordinate. Even my scissors for cutting yarn are purple! It’s an addiction I think.
- Do you ever consciously choose a different color palette just for the change? I’m moving into more teals, turquoise’s and blues, intentionally trying to knit these other colours. I actually suit turquoise and teal better than I do purple. But as I lay in our purple bedroom under out purple duvet it is unlikely purple will leave my life anytime soon.
Feel free to join in and share your answers below or share your blog post link.