A quick update on yesterday’s blog post.
I have knitted up the small amount of dyed ethereal ether into this wee drinks cosy! This was an early spinning attempt so its unofficial thick’n’thin! But I LOVE the colours! I need to try to repeat this in a larger batch and make something bigger.
Also I have spun the dyed fibre; I made a 2 ply (right of pic) trying to get different colours in each single, and with what was left on one bobbin I had some practice at Navajo (chain) plying (left). This gave me a nice break from spinning the purple and gold tops. I did have a slight disaster where I had z spun my singles and then started z plying them!!! I wish I’d had a free hand to take a photo of what that looked like when I pulled it off the bobbin!! Anyhoo, I managed to rescue it.
I have decided I am definitely going to spin up the rest of the ethereal ether and dye it, I just don’t like the original colours when spun, but LOVE the colour range when dyed. Fingers crossed it will work.