This was the Group’s 11th Year (YOP11), but my 4th Year.
During the last 3 years I have deviated a lot from my original lists, so I thought for year 11 I would make a change to my starting list! I carried forward items from YOP10 to finish, and the new items were a little less specific in the hope of being more achievable.
↪ carried over from a previous YOP year
🆕 added to list after week 1
➡️ moved off this year’s list, but may still do in future.
⁉️ fell at a hurdle but back on track
NB. There are links to the Ravelry pattern, yarn or project page.
- No new superwash
sockyarns (My stash has enough to make socks for many years.) ⁉️
- Contain my stash! (Limit stash to only what will fit in existing containers (Kallax unit, fibre divider boxes and weaving shelves) and have no overflow containers or bags, only exception to be hand processed Shetland X fleece.). ⁉️
- Buy yarn for a larger Havana only once I have made space for it! This is hopefully going to keep me motivated to use existing stash for everything else. ➡️
- Dye more of my existing fibre and fleece for lampshades. ✅ week 22
- Dye another self striped sock yarn. ✅ Christmas green & red; mauve & pink and an attempt at blue week 22
- 🆕 Dye silk scarves in stash ✅ finished 1 in week 22,
- 🆕 Dye as much fibre as I can before new kitchen goes in. ✅ week 29
- Dye more locks for fairies’ hair ➡️
- Pictures and products to sell/gift/keep. ✅
- Fairies – July x 19, October x 3, November x 12, February x 5;
- Lampshades 20cm – September x 3, October x 2, April x 5, May x 3
- Lampshades 25cm – October x 1, May x 4
- Lampshades 35cm – May x 1
- Tomte – 4 x October, 2 x November, 5 x December
- Baubles – October x 5, December x 3
- Wreath – 1 x October autumn felt fabric then made an autumnal wreath (keep).
- ↪ Needle felted Ylva ✳️ (Started YOP9!)
- ↪ Needle felted Highland Cow ✳️ (Started YOP9!)
- Make a handbag using the felting ball ✳️ started week 24 fibres weighed and test felt
- Make plant pot covers ➡️
- Finish washing BFL/Shetland X (from Katharine) ✳️ started washing and using it YOP 9.
- Finish washing Shetland X (from Serena) ✳️ started washing week 1
- Practice combing and carding ✳️ started combing week 10 and carding week 11.
- Knit 3 garments using:
- hand dyed BFL/silk Aran – 2nd Quick Sand by Heidi Kirrmaier with added short rows at back of neck ✅ started swatching week 5, started knitting week 7, finished week 8
- 🆕 Winding Down jumper by Heidi Kirrmaier in new (superwash 🤦🏼♀️ Malabrigo Rios) ✅ started week 11, finished week 18
- New Lanark Aran –
Warriston by Kate Davies. 🐸 started week 19 frogged week 30. ✳ started 2nd Such a Winter’s Day jumper by Heidi Kirrmaier week 42
- a DK or Aran yarn
from stash.✅ started Ship Shape by Heidi Kirrmaier in Drops Belle yarn week 40, finished week 52
- 🆕 Sunday Sweater by Petite Knits ✳️ started week 43
- ↪ Finish or frog Cabriolet brioche scarf by Carolyn Bloom (yarn Cookston Crafts in Crathie (alpaca/merino/nylon) & Emerald (merino/silk/yak)) Started YOP9 week 34! 🐸 YOP11 week 34.
- Midtown Magic shawl in yarn above. ✅ started week 35 finished week 40.
- 🆕️ Nightshift by Andrea Mowry in handspun ✅ started week 40 finished week 42.
- Knit a pair of DK socks, Deb’s Super Simple DK socks in Ryeland yarn ✅ #1 week 2
- Knit more pairs of these socks with stashed yarn (# indicates order they were started):
- Rose City Rollers (RCR) by Mara Catherine Bryner. ✅ #2 Cookston Crafts 4 ply in Thistly Brae colour started week 1, finished week 11,
- How I Make My Socks by Susan B Anderson ✅ #3 Ripples Crafts 4 ply started week 23, finished week 31
Hermione’s Everyday Socks (HES) by Erica Lueder RCR with ribbed cuff socks ✅ #4 gothic rainbow started week 31, finished week 32
- ↪️ Knit at least one pair of socks with homespun BFL/seacell yarn. ➡️
- Try a new sock pattern ➡️
- Knit a variety of accessories, such as mittens, cowls, hats (using existing stashed yarn or handspun only):
Feather and Fan Short Scarf by Kelly Faller in tencel yarn from Flora Fibresstarted week 1 🐸 week 5.
- Lake Reed hat by Asita Krebs #1 in Ripples Crafts Burras DK ✅ started week 1, finished week 6, #2 in Ripples Crafts Oldany DK ✅ started week 8, finished week 9
- 🆕 Point Edward Mitts by Fairlight Fibers in Ripples Crafts Culkein DK ✅ finished week 11
- Mostly Warmness (fingerless mittens) by Martina Behm in merino/silk ✅ started week 12, finished week 19.
- 🆕 Versa Cowl by Aimee Pelletier ✅ using Malabrigo Rios scraps started week 20, finished week 21.
- 🆕 Hastings Mitts by Tracie Millar in New Lanark DK ✅ started week 24, finished week 25.
- 🆕️ Cowl based on Fisker Cowl in my handdyed chunky BFL ✅ started week 31, finished week 33.
- 🆕 use up scraps on project(s). ✅ week 21 made a cup cosy and a ribbed headband.
- Habitation Throw by Helen Stewart using scrap 4 ply. ✳️ started YOP 10 week 45.
- Dish cloths as required. ➡️
Painting & Drawing
- Do a new pastel drawing ✅ week 38 Ylva and a seascape.
- Do a new watercolour painting ➡️
- Make a project bag with internal and/or external pockets ✅ week 51 with external pockets, ✅ week 52 with external pockets.
- ↪ Make a project using denim from old jeans ➡️
- Make a garment. ➡️
- Host a Guild Team for Tour de Fleece 2021 ✅ week 1.
- ↪ Finish spinning BFL/seacell (Started YOP9) ✅ week 1.
- 🆕 Suri alpaca and superfine merino ✅ started week 41, finished week 43.
- 🆕 Polwarth ✅ finished week 43.
- ↪ Finish spinning John Arbon Harvest Hues fibre (✳ Started YOP9!)
- ↪ Finish spinning 25g breed project (✳️ Started YOP10)
- Baby camel and silk colour #4. ✳️ started week 14
- Make a selection of wide hand/dish towels:
- 🆕 Make Dorset Buttons ✅ week 21, 23 and 24.
- 🆕 Make a band on inklette loom ✅ started week 20, finished week 23.
- Make a woven project using handspun yarns ➡️
- Make fabric to sew at least one garment. ➡️
Have a 2nd lesson in wood turning. ✅ week 33
If you are interesting in reading more about the items I completed and seeing pictures of the FOs then please see the round-up post for this YOP year.