This is the Group’s 11th Year (YOP11), but my 4th Year.
During the last 3 years I have deviated a lot from my original lists, so I thought for year 11 I would make a change to my starting list! I have some carried forward listed items to finish, but the new items are a little less specific and hopefully more achievable.
↪ carried over from a previous YOP year
🆕 added to list after week 1.
NB. There are links to the Ravelry pattern, yarn or project page.
- No new superwash yarns (My stash has enough to make socks for many years.)
- Contain my stash! (Limit stash to only what will fit in existing containers (Kallax unit, fibre divider boxes and weaving shelves) and have no overflow containers or bags, only exception to be hand processed Shetland X fleece.)
- Buy yarn for a larger Havana only once I have made space for it! This is hopefully going to keep me motivated to use existing stash for everything else.
- Toy pattern (2nd Minion or Eeyore)
- Reusable cotton face pads
- Dye more of my existing fibre and fleece for lampshades.
- Dye more locks for fairies’ hair
- Dye another self striped sock yarn (I have one undyed skein left).
- ↪ Needle felted Ylva ✳️ Started YOP9!
- ↪ Needle felted Highland Cow ✳️ Started YOP9!
- Pictures and products to sell/gift/keep. ✳️ 10 fairies week 2
- Make a handbag using the felting ball
- Make plant pot covers
- Finish washing BFL/Shetland X (from Katharine) ✳️ started washing and using it YOP 9.
- Finish washing Shetland X (from Serena) ✳️ started washing week 1
- Practice combing and carding
- Knit 3 garments using:
- hand dyed BFL/silk Aran – 2nd Quick Sand with added short rows at back of neck
- New Lanark Aran – still undecided, bought it for a 2nd Such a Winter’s Day
- a DK yarn from stash.
- ↪ Finish or frog Cabriolet brioche scarf by Carolyn Bloom (yarn Cookston Crafts in Crathie (alpaca/merino/nylon) & Emerald (merino/silk/yak)) ✳️ Started YOP9 week 34!
- Knit more pairs of these socks with stashed yarn (# indicates order they were started):
- ↪️ Knit at least one pair of socks with homespun BFL/seacell yarn.
- Try a new sock pattern
- Knit a pair of DK socks, Deb’s Super Simple DK socks ✅ #1 week 2
- Knit a variety of accessories, such as mittens, cowls, hats (using existing stashed yarn or handspun only)
- Mostly Warmness by Martina Behm in merino/silk yarn ✳️ started week 1
- Feather and Fan Short Scarf by Kelly Faller in tencel yarn from Flora Fibres ✳️ started week 1
- Lake Reed hat by Asita Krebs in Ripples Crafts Burras DK ✳️ started week 1
- Dish cloths as required.
- Habitation Throw by Helen Stewart using scrap 4 ply. ✳️ started YOP 10 week 45
Painting & Drawing
- Do a new pastel drawing
- Do a new watercolour painting
- ↪️ Make a project using denim from old jeans
- Make a project bag with internal and/or external pockets
- Make a garment.
- Host a Guild Team for Tour de Fleece 2021 ✳ week 1
- ↪ Finish spinning John Arbon Harvest Hues fibre (Started YOP9!) ✳ week 1
- ↪ Finish spinning 25g breed project (Started YOP10)
- ↪ Finish spinning BFL/seacell (YOP9) ✅ week 1
- Baby camel and silk colour #4.
- Make fabric to sew at least one garment.
- Make a selection of wide hand/dish towels (e.g. Fibonacci pattern and Diamond stripe towels)
- Make a woven project using handspun yarns
Have a 2nd lesson in wood turning.