Aldi online were having an offer on the Necchi Overlocker OV234, so I bought one with some of my birthday money. I’ve never used one before so will have a play with it next week.
I was determined to get my Ship Shape jumper finished this week, so on Thursday and Friday I put a lot of time in, I added a couple more rows to the bottom and bound off the bottom hem. I tried it on and could see my yarn chicken game was going to not give me full length sleeves but on a ‘summer’ jumper I think that’s fine.
However….I really don’t like the finished jumper on me. It grew like crazy under the weight of the cotton yarn and after about 20 minutes it could have just slipped right off my shoulders. I finished it on Friday and on Saturday I washed it in the machine and tumble dried it for a while and then it’s spread out to finish drying, I can see it’s shrunk a bit but don’t want to hold it vertical until I’m sure it’s dry, as damp it will weigh more and may stretch again.
If it is still not for me I have two options, I buy some more of the green yarn and pick up stitches around the neck and knit some rib rows to close the gap. I see on Ravelry someone else has done this. Or I could just donate it. I’m not unpicking it for sure. The yarn was super cheap and very splitty so definitely not worth frogging it. I will do an FO post later in the week when it’s dry and decide then. At least this project only cost me just over £20…so its just the time knitting it that is a bit annoying.
A few minutes after taking this photo it slipped down over my shoulders. I tried it with tops under it and it looked wrong and although many people would be comfortable wearing something so loose round the neck for me it’s not something I am comfortable with and know I would never wear it.
I may take a little break from knitting for a while, maybe do some needle-felting in the evenings.
Onto better news, I sewed a project bag this week. I’d already cut out the fabric pieces a few weeks ago. The pattern didn’t have a lining, but I thought I could work out how to add one….I got confused. It has a lining and a zip…but when I turned it inside out I realised I had the lining inside out. I could have unpicked it all but as its black and no-one will see inside but me I just left it as is. Good bits are the top photos and the bottom photos show the dodgy bits. I’m still a learner with sewing though. Plus I blame the pattern for not having a lining included 😂🤣
I can’t believe that next week’s update will be the end of my 4th year of projects post! I’ve started to draft it already and in some areas I’m super happy with my achievements but as usual will have some things that will be carried forward to YOP12 list, which I’ve also started drafting.
I saw Top Gun Maverick this week which I really enjoyed, far more than I’d even expected to.
Our weather has been grey and rainy or sunny and super windy so again no outings out on my SUP. Fingers crossed the wind dies down, I don’t mind a bit of rain but don’t enjoy being out in the wind. The vegetable garden is struggling too, the lack of sun and high winds mean almost nothing is growing as it should by now.
This is a Year of Projects post. Officially the Group is in its 11th year, but this is my 4th year participating. If you would like to find more about the Year of Projects Group on Ravelry. Year 11 list.