This is the Group’s 10th Year, but my 3rd Year.
NB. The first hyperlinks are to the Ravelry pattern or project page, the second hyperlinks are to the relevant blog post for the finished item.
- Minion by Tremendu (Reminder to myself – bought direct and not through Ravelry!) ✅ Started week 1, finished week 2
- 🆕 Dog hair gifts (rose, snowman & snowflake) ✅ week 6
- Have a go at an Octopal (octopus or jellyfish for premature babies)
- Some Winnie the Pooh character(s)
- 🆕 Start a Havana Afghan ✳️ started testing colours and sections week 6 on a sample Book cover, finished week 7; made a mini version finished week 13;
- Dye commercial sock yarn in:
- Self Striping
- Colours for Sweet & Tartan socks
- Another go at Christmas
- Dye fibres in my ‘to dye’ drawer
- Dye BFL/Tussah Silk yarn for 2nd Quick Sand
- Try natural dyes
- Needle felted Ylva ✳️ Started previous YOP year
- Needle felted Highland Cow ✳️ Started previous YOP year
- Pictures and products to sell/gift/keep:
- Lampshades ✳️ started week 8
- Landscapes e.g. Loch Carron, Ben Wyvis, Glen Affric, Loch Morlich, Rosemarkie
- Christmas stocking
- Wreaths – Christmas etc.
- 🆕 Fairies ✳️ 17 made in Q1
- 2nd nuno felted garment
- 3rd Hat
- Picture of Ylva
- Plant pot covers
- Finish making lampshades for
- large lamp
- Fine Sand by Heidi Kirrmaier (yarn BaaRamEwe Dovestone in Goathland)
- Inside Story by Heidi Kirrmaier (yarn WYS The Croft)
- Second Quick Sand by Heidi Kirrmaier (home dyed Aran BFL/Silk)
- Strathcona Sweater by Tara-Lynn Morrison (yarn Rowan Big Wool)
- Reyna by Noora Backlund (yarn handspun baby camel and silk) ✅ Started week 1, finished week 5. Detailed post.
- Cabriolet brioche scarf by Carolyn Bloom (yarn Cookston Crafts in Crathie (alpaca/merino/nylon) & Emerald (merino/silk/yak)) ✳️ Started week 34 (previous YOP year)
- More Hermione’s Everyday Socks (HES) by Erica Lueder
- More shortie socks (a hybrid of Rose City Rollers with HES heel) ✅ started 1st pair week 6, finished week 8
- Sweet & Tartan Socks by Tracie Millar
- Pair of socks with homespun yarn
- Easy Mittens with Thrums (yarn tbc)
- Evil genius gloves (yarn Mothy & the Squid)
- Doublejay Gloves by Danielle (yarn some leftovers)
- Brick and Mortar Cowl by Kim McFall (homespun) ✳️ Started week 13
- Project with mini skeins from advent (link is for my list of possibilities)
- Snowdrop Lace Hat by Robin Lynn
- 🆕 make items for my neighbour’s family with their dog hair I spun ✅ heart in Week 6 (other items were crocheted instead)
- Make a variety of dishcloths and wash cloths
- Make some Christmas gifts!!
- Start another Christmas stocking garland with homespun yarns, perhaps mini socks. ✳️ Started Hat Vent 2019 pattern week 8.
- Sew some face masks ✅ Week 2
- Sew proper hanger to silk banner, I painted this in 2011 and it is still waiting!
- Make a selection of denim bag with old jeans
- Make a lining for felted bag
- Make a project bag with internal and external pockets
- Start making kitchen items from kitchen pattern pack
- Finish spinning baby camel and silk for Reyna (Started previous YOP year, hoping to finish during TDF 2020) ✅ week 1 during TDF
- Spin some purple baby camel and silk ✅ started week 1, finished week 3 during TDF
- Spin Samoyed dog hair ✅ started week 2, finished week 4 during TDF
- Host a Guild Team for Tour de Fleece 2020 ✅
- Spin some sock yarn (BFL & Sea Cell) ✳️ (Started previous YOP year)
- Spin John Arbon Harvest Hues fibre to make a sweater ✳️ (Started previous YOP year)
- Host a Guild Team for BritSpin 2020 ✳️ team assembled!
- Spin some yarn to make Christmas stocking garland.
- 🆕 Learn Mosaic crochet ✅ week 5
- Learn Double Knitting
- Learn Intarsia Knitting
- Master Fair Isle/Colourwork knitting
- Improve continental knitting
- Learn Mosaic knitting (that should happen when I knit Bricks and Mortar cowl) ✳️ tutorials watched week 6, started cowl week 13.
- 🆕 Master long draw spinning
- 🆕 Get confident with supported spindle
- 🆕 Complete Kelly Casanova’s weaving course before subscription ends.
- 🆕 Braided join
- 🆕 Wide handtowels ✅ 1st week 4
- 🆕 Gift scarf ✅ week 7 but no image until…tbc
- Wide dish towels
- Scarf with homespun yarns
- Set of placements
- Home-dyed yarn in interesting pattern (tbc)
- Gradient patterned scarf/shawl for myself
- Houndstooth scarf or shawl using Wensleydale Longwool
- Borrow a pin loom from Guild to make some squares
- New bowl
Note: On 31st July I moved technique learning to its own section.
Key: ✳️ started ✅ finished 🆕 added to list after week 1