This is the Group’s 10th Year, but my 3rd Year.
NB. The first hyperlinks are to the Ravelry pattern or project page, the second hyperlinks are to the relevant blog post for the finished item.
- Minion by Tremendu (Reminder to myself – bought direct and not through Ravelry!) ✅ Started week 1, finished week 2
- 🆕 Dog hair gifts (rose, snowman & snowflake) ✅ week 6
- 🆕 Start a Havana Afghan ✅ started testing colours and sections week 6 on a sample Book cover, finished week 7; made a mini version finished week 13; then later added extra length and border
- Have a go at an Octopal (octopus or jellyfish for premature babies)
- Some Winnie the Pooh character(s)
- Dye commercial sock yarn in:
- Dye fibres in my ‘to dye’ drawer
- Dye BFL/Tussah Silk yarn for 2nd Quick Sand
- Try natural dyes
- Needle felted Ylva ✳️ Started previous YOP year
- Needle felted Highland Cow ✳️ Started previous YOP year
- Pictures and products to sell/gift/keep:
- Lampshades ✅ so many posts with lampshades!
- Wreaths – Christmas etc. ✅ landscape wreaths week 22
- 🆕 Fairies ✳️ 17 made in Q1
Landscapes e.g. Loch Carron, Ben Wyvis, Glen Affric, Loch Morlich, Rosemarkie
- Christmas stocking
2nd nuno felted garment 3rd Hat
- Picture of Ylva
- Plant pot covers
- Finish making lampshades for
- large lamp
- Strathcona Sweater by Tara-Lynn Morrison (yarn Rowan Big Wool) ✅ Week 20
- 🆕 second Turtle Dove in red WYS Re:treat ✅ started week 24 finished week 26
- Fine Sand by Heidi Kirrmaier (yarn
BaaRamEwe Dovestone in Goathland)Rowan Alpaca Merino DK)
- Second Quick Sand by Heidi Kirrmaier (home dyed Aran BFL/Silk)
Inside Story by Heidi Kirrmaier (yarn WYS The Croft)
- Reyna by Noora Backlund (yarn handspun baby camel and silk) ✅ Started week 1, finished week 5. Detailed post.
- Project with mini skeins from 2019 advent – I chose ADVENTuresome Wrap by Ambah O’Brien ✅ started week 23 and finished week 30 (detailed post).
- Cabriolet brioche scarf by Carolyn Bloom (yarn Cookston Crafts in Crathie (alpaca/merino/nylon) & Emerald (merino/silk/yak)) ✳️ Started week 34 (previous YOP year)
- More Hermione’s Everyday Socks (HES) by Erica Lueder ✅ 2nd pair of wood pigeon week 21, ✅ Christmas socks week 24, Thistly Brae socks ✳️ started week 30
- More shortie socks (a hybrid of Rose City Rollers with HES heel) ✅ started 1st pair week 6, finished week 8
- Sweet & Tartan Socks by Tracie Millar
- Pair of socks with homespun yarn
- Brick and Mortar Cowl by Kim McFall (homespun) ✅ Started and finished week 13
- 🆕 Herriot hat ✅ Started week 18 and finished week 19.
- 🆕 Litmus cowl by Amy Florence (2020 advent yarn) ✅ Started week 31 finished week 33 (detailed post)
- Easy Mittens with Thrums (yarn tbc)
- Evil genius gloves (yarn Mothy & the Squid)
Doublejay Gloves by Danielle (yarn some leftovers) Snowdrop Lace Hat by Robin Lynn
- 🆕 make items for my neighbour’s family with their dog hair I spun ✅ heart in Week 6 (other items were crocheted instead)
- Make a variety of dishcloths and wash cloths ✅ during Q2.
- 🆕 2 x cup cosies ✅ week 31
- Start another Christmas stocking garland with homespun yarns, perhaps mini socks. ✳️ Started Hat Vent 2019 pattern week 8. Mini jumpers ✅ week 23.
Make some Christmas gifts!!
- Sew some face masks ✅ Week 2
- Sew proper hanger to silk banner, I painted this in 2011 and it is still waiting!
- Make a
selection ofdenim item swith old jeans
- Make a lining for felted bag
- Make a project bag with internal and external pockets
- Start making kitchen items from kitchen pattern pack
- Finish spinning baby camel and silk for Reyna (Started previous YOP year, hoping to finish during TDF 2020) ✅ week 1 during TDF
- Spin some purple baby camel and silk ✅ started week 1, finished week 3 during TDF
- Spin Samoyed dog hair ✅ started week 2, finished week 4 during TDF
- Host a Guild Team for Tour de Fleece 2020 ✅
- Host a Guild Team for BritSpin 2020 ✅ team assembled! We came 5th out of 12 teams. Individual results. Team results. (Spun my 1st gradient & single, superfine silk, BFL nylon, Portland and my hand dyed Border Leicester.)
- Spin some sock yarn (BFL & Sea Cell) ✳️ (Started previous YOP year)
- Spin John Arbon Harvest Hues fibre to make a sweater ✳️ (Started previous YOP year)
Spin some yarn to make Christmas stocking garland.
- 🆕 start breed project (spinning ~25g of lots of breeds to make a project with)
- 🆕 spin a fractal ✅ week 19
- 🆕 Learn Mosaic crochet ✅ week 5
- Learn Mosaic knitting ✅ week 13.
- Learn Double Knitting
- Learn Intarsia Knitting
- Master Fair Isle/Colourwork knitting
- Improve continental knitting ✅ practiced on Litmus Cowl although my tension and speed isn’t as good.
- 🆕 Master long draw spinning
- 🆕 Get confident with supported spindle
- 🆕 Complete Kelly Casanova’s weaving course before subscription ends.
- 🆕 Braided join
- 🆕 Wide handtowels ✅ 1st week 4
- 🆕 Gift scarf ✅ week 7 but no image until week 18
- 🆕 Diamond Stripes towels ✅ week 30
- Wide dish towels
- Scarf with homespun yarns
- Set of placements
- Home-dyed yarn in interesting pattern (tbc)
- Gradient patterned scarf/shawl for myself
- Houndstooth scarf or shawl using Wensleydale Longwool
- Borrow a pin loom from Guild to make some squares
- New bowl
Note: On 31st July I moved technique learning to its own section.
Key: ✳️ started ✅ finished 🆕 added to list after week 1