Just a few fairies this week for gifts and the shop, although not dropped off yet. Here’s an example.
I finished the Herriot Hat (Ravelry link) and I made the large size but then felt it was going to be too long once I started the decreases, also I wasn’t confident about how much yarn I had left. So I skipped the knit rows that should have been between the decreases. This obviously means I don’t have a smooth crown, but I like it. There isn’t enough yarn to make a bobble, but maybe a tassel, but given my rain hood goes up so much here I will probably just leave it as is. Yarn is Jamieson & Smith Chunky.
I’ve ordered a 15mm (US19) circular needle to make Strathcona jumper but it doesn’t arrive until next week boo hoo. So I will finish the socks I have on the go.
I finished my spinning project of the superfine merino, fractal spun. This was spun on my new to me wheel (Ashford Traveller) and I am really pleased the 3 skeins are all really well balanced (don’t have any twist when it’s in a big loop).
The leftovers on a bobbin I chain plied and oh dear! I’m not yet used to the location of the built in lazy kate (place where you put your full bobbins) during plying, so I need a new technique or use my separate lazy kate in its normal position (to my left hand side) rather than the built in ones.
My drum carder from Classic Carders arrived on Friday and I got busy making up various batts using some of the fibres I dyed a while ago. These are a mix of corriedale, shetland and north ronaldsay wool…plus an unknown dark green…very toothy so not sure on the breed. I’m looking forward to making some lampshades with these blends. They are much better blends than I had managed on my blending board. But the blending board is perfect for making rolags for woollen spinning so it is still a good asset.
Oh nearly forgot…having already bought a yarn advent from Cookston Crafts (which my husband has hidden), I have now bought a 12 days of Christmas fibre box from Adelaide Walker and look how cute it looks. These will both be presents from my husband as he pays the credit card bill hehe!
I have some new medication for my ear problems, so fingers crossed this will work. I’ve had no end of different medications to get rid of fluid in my ear over the last 3.5 years but I am hopefully this new stuff will sort it…fingers crossed, touch wood 🤞 I feel a bit rubbish so snoozed on the sofa on Saturday.
This is a Year of Projects post. Officially the Group is in its 10th year, but this is my 3rd year participating. If you would like to find more about the Year of Projects Group on Ravelry.