This is the Group’s 12th Year (YOP12), but my 5th Year. You’ll notice a lot of ↪️ symbols…these are items I’ve carried forward from an earlier YOP year. One of my main aims this year is to complete/achieve all those carried forward items!
↪️ carried over from a previous YOP year
🆕 added to list after week 1
⁉️ fell at a hurdle but back on track
NB. There are links to the Ravelry pattern, yarn or project page.
- ↪️No new superwash knitting yarns (My stash has enough to make socks for many years.)
- ↪️Contain my stash! (Limit stash to only what will fit in existing containers (2 x Kallax unit, rainbow drawers and weaving shelves) and have no overflow containers or bags, only exception to be hand processed Shetland X fleece.)
- ↪️Buy yarn for a larger Havana only once I have made space for it! This is hopefully going to keep me motivated to use existing stash for everything else.
- Havana blanket (once I have enough room in Kallax to store the yarn!)
- ↪️ Dye more locks for fairies’ hair
- Experiment with microwave dyeing
- ↪️ Needle felted Ylva ✳️ (Started YOP9!)
- ↪️ Needle felted Highland Cow ✳️ (Started YOP9!)
- ↪️ Make a handbag using the felting ball ✳️ (Started YOP11 week 24 fibres weighed and test felt)
- ↪️ Make plant pot covers
- Pictures and products to sell/gift/keep. Fairies – ; Lampshades – ; Tomte – ; Baubles – ; Wreaths -.
- ↪️ Finish washing BFL/Shetland X (from Katharine) ✳️ started washing and using it YOP 9.
- ↪️ Finish washing Shetland X (from Serena) ✳️ started washing YOP11 week 1
- Practice combing wool fibre
- Knit 3 garments:
- Celtic Myths Shawl by Asita Krebs in Baa Ram Ewe Dovestone DK ✳ started week 1
- A summer weight shawl.
- Frog any sock yarn shawls I don’t wear ✅ frogged Lintilla and a Hitchhiker week 6
- ↪️ Knit at least one pair of socks with homespun yarn.
- Knit more pairs of these socks with stashed yarn (# indicates order they were started):
- Knit Sweet and Tartan socks by Tracie Millar
- Knit using existing stashed yarn or handspun only:
- Design (for my own use only) a new pair of colourwork mitts using Hastings Mitts by Tracie Millar as a template and New Lanark DK yarn from Alissa.
- A colour-work project using Black Isle yarns Gotland wool
- Alaska hat (if I find a non-superwash kit I like at Wisconsin Wool Festival)
- 🆕 The Shift by Andrea Mowry using handspun, Border Leicester, leftovers ✳️ started week 7
- ↪️ Habitation Throw by Helen Stewart using scrap 4 ply. ✳️ (started YOP 10 week 45)
- Gansey Afghan by Lena Skvagerson using Isle of Auskerry/North Ronaldsay yarn
- Dish cloths as required.
- Dolores van Hoofen by Franklin Habit in Valley Yarns Aran
- Dolores Transatlantic Travel Ensemble by Fiona Ellis in Valley Yarns 4 ply and Tahki Yarns Donegal Tweed
Painting & Drawing
- ↪️ Do a new watercolour painting
- Do a new pastel drawing
- ↪️ Make a project using denim from old jeans
- Make trousers with fabric in stash
- Make play suit/jumpsuit with fabric in stash
- Make top (test version) with fabric in stash
- Make actual top with handwoven cotton fabric I make
- Make something else with handwoven wool fabric I make
- ↪️ Finish spinning John Arbon Harvest Hues fibre (✳️ Started YOP9!)
- ↪️ Finish spinning 25g breed project (✳️ Started YOP10)
- ↪️ Baby camel and silk colour #4. (✅ started YOP11 week 14 finished YOP12 week 2)
- ↪ BFL/Shetland Parma violets (✅ started YOP11 week 52 finished YOP12 week 2)
- Spin 2021 advent fibres
Rigid heddle loom
- ↪️ Make a woven project using handspun yarns
- ↪️ Make fabric to sew
at least onegarments.
- Midnight Shawl by Kelly Casanova
- Make a selection of wide hand/dish towels 1️⃣✅ started green hand towels week 2, finished week 3.
- Make some inkle bands from the book my sister gave me for Christmas
- Make a Minion inkle tablet weaving band
- Try another tablet card weaving pattern.
Have a 3rd lesson in wood turning.