This is the Group’s 12th Year (YOP12), but my 5th Year. You’ll notice a lot of ↪️ symbols…these are items I’ve carried forward from an earlier YOP year. One of my main aims this year is to complete/achieve all those carried forward items!
↪️ carried over from a previous YOP year
🆕 added to list after week 1
⁉️ fell at a hurdle but back on track
NB. There are links to the Ravelry pattern, yarn or project page.
- ↪️No new superwash knitting yarns (My stash has enough to make socks for many years.) ⁉️ Q1 – I bought 2 skeins of sw DK BFL/Silk at Highland Meet the Makers and 1 skein of sw 4ply merino/silk to have a project to knit on in Wisconsin. Q2 – I bought a Zauberball in Copenhagen, but it’s for the Alaska hat I’d like to make.
- ↪️Contain my stash! (Limit stash to only what will fit in existing containers (2 x Kallax unit, rainbow drawers and weaving shelves) and have no overflow containers or bags, only exception to be hand processed Shetland X fleece.). ⁉️ By week 18 this was a big fail, I have easily another drawer I could fill with new yarn I bought from New Lanark and in Copenhagen oops!
- ↪️Buy yarn for a larger Havana only once I have made space for it! This is hopefully going to keep me motivated to use existing stash for everything else.
- Havana blanket (once I have enough room in Kallax to store the yarn!)
- ↪️ Dye more locks for fairies’ hair
- Experiment with microwave dyeing
- ↪️ Needle felted Ylva ✳️ (Started YOP9!)
- ↪️ Needle felted Highland Cow ✳️ (Started YOP9!)
- ↪️ Make a handbag using the felting ball ✳️ (Started YOP11 week 24 fibres weighed and test felt)
- ↪️ Make plant pot covers
- Pictures and products to sell/gift/keep. ✳️
- Fairies – August x 1 (gift), October x 9
- Lampshades 20cm – November x 7
- Lampshades 25cm –
- Lampshades 35cm –
- Lampshades 40cm – August x 1
- Tomte – October x 2, November x 7
- Baubles – November x 7
- Wreaths –
- Waste paper bin – August x 1
- ↪️ Finish washing BFL/Shetland X (from Katharine) ✳️ started washing and using it YOP 9.
- ↪️ Finish washing Shetland X (from Serena) ✳️ started washing YOP11 week 1
- Practice combing wool fibre
- Knit 3 garments:
- ↪️ Sunday Sweater by Petite Knits ✅ started YOP11 week 43, finished week 3, altered neck week 21.
- ↪️ Such a Winter’s Day jumper #2 by Heidi Kirrmaier in New Lanark Aran Bramble ✅ started YOP11 week 42, finished week 18, lengthened arms week 21.
- Turtle Dove II by Espace Tricot in my handdyed Shetland Aran yarn.
- Celtic Myths Shawl by Asita Krebs in Baa Ram Ewe Dovestone DK 🐸 started week 1 and frogged week 21. I’m going to weave with the yarn instead.
- A summer weight shawl.
- Frog any sock yarn shawls I don’t wear ✅ frogged Lintilla and a Hitchhiker week 6
- ↪️ Knit at least one pair of socks with homespun yarn.
- Knit more pairs of these socks with stashed yarn (# indicates order they were started):
- Knit Sweet and Tartan socks by Tracie Millar ✅ 1️⃣ started week 8 and finished week 9. I used Ripples Crafts blue, Cookston Crafts Crathie (incl. some alpaca) and heels in my hand-dyed turquoise BFL/nylon.
- Knit using existing stashed yarn or handspun only ❗️*oops I bought some new yarns:
- 🆕️ March Hat by Meghan Babin using Juniper Moon Herriot alpaca yarn* ✅ started week 12, finished week 14.
- 🆕 The Shift by Andrea Mowry using handspun, Border Leicester and Cochrane leftovers ✅ started week 7, finished week 20.
- Alaska hat (if I find a non-superwash kit I like at Wisconsin Wool Festival). Update: I couldn’t find non-superwash so I am going to use a zauberball* and existing stash. ✳️ started week 21.
- Design (for my own use only) a new pair of colourwork mitts using Hastings Mitts by Tracie Millar as a template and New Lanark DK yarn from Alissa.
- A colour-work project using Black Isle yarns Gotland wool
- ↪️ Habitation Throw by Helen Stewart using scrap 4 ply. ✳️ (started YOP 10 week 45)
- Dolores van Hoofen by Franklin Habit in Valley Yarns Aran ✳ started week 11
- Dolores Transatlantic Travel Ensemble by Fiona Ellis in Valley Yarns 4 ply and Tahki Yarns Donegal Tweed ✳️ started week 14
- Gansey Afghan by Lena Skvagerson using Isle of Auskerry/North Ronaldsay yarn
- Dish cloths as required.
Painting & Drawing
- ↪️ Do a new watercolour painting
- Do a new pastel drawing
- 🆕 Juniper Bucket project bag ✅ week 16
- ↪️ Make a project using denim from old jeans
- Make trousers with fabric in stash
- Make play suit/jumpsuit with fabric in stash
- Make top (test version) with fabric in stash
- Make actual top with handwoven cotton fabric I make
- Make something else with handwoven wool fabric I make
- ↪️ Baby camel and silk colour #4. (✅ started YOP11 week 14, finished YOP12 week 2)
- ↪ BFL/Shetland Parma violets (✅ started YOP11 week 52, finished YOP12 week 2)
- 🆕️ US Rambouillet 1️⃣✅ started week 13, finished week 15. 2️⃣✳️ started week 20.
- ↪️ Finish spinning John Arbon Harvest Hues fibre (✅ Started YOP9! Finished YOP12 week 21!!)
- ↪️ Finish spinning 25g breed project (✳️ Started YOP10)
- 🆕️ Merino/silk/flax ✳ started week 3
- Spin 2021 baby camel and silk advent fibres
Rigid heddle loom
- Make a selection of wide hand/dish towels 1️⃣✅ started green hand towels week 2, finished week 3.
- ↪️ Make a woven project using handspun yarns
- ↪️ Make fabric to sew
at least onegarments.
- Midnight Shawl by Kelly Casanova
- Make some inkle bands from the book my sister gave me for Christmas
- Make a Minion inkle tablet weaving band
- Try another tablet card weaving pattern.
Have a 3rd lesson in wood turning.