I finally got dyeing some of the remaining fibres in my stash.
- 100g Polwarth in pinks and blues that I will spin
- 200g of 18.5 mic super fine merino. 92g dark greens and 106g in autumn colours. I will use the autumn colours to felt a large scarf. The green I may spin.
- 150g 23 mic merino/tussah silk/natural flax top in pinky colours. I with probably use some for a felted scarf and maybe spin some.
- Corriedale 22g to soak up some green and 71g russet brown colour that I hope can be used on some Highland cows.
I’ve packed away my dyeing stuff for now. I have some non-wool fibres that need dyeing but this was not a good week for learning how to dye with different dyes.
I finally got December’s sales figures from the local gallery, that sells my felted items, and they are almost out of stock. They have no fairies, one bauble, a few lampshades and one tomte! I need to get felting!
This Warriston jumper…bleep bleep bleep! I’m sorry to moan on about it again, but there’s some lessons I’ve learned here so hope others can learn from my mistakes.
I was reassured by everyone’s comments on last week’s post, that top down seems preferred by many.
I tried the body on and I looked like I was wearing a potato sack and was trying to hold up this 17” long tube trying to guess if it’s long enough. I have done an inch more than the pattern said because I’d rather it be too long than too short. I’m only 5’2” and my arms are probably not going to be long enough to reach the pockets 😂. I then read the next part of the pattern and it said cast on the sleeves…and that’s from the cuffs up….oh my goodness!! This truly has been a lesson to read the pattern construction before you buy the pattern and reading it completely before starting!!! Anyhoo, I’m not ripping out 17” of knitting, as tempting as that was, so I’ve cast on the two sleeves and at the moment I’m knitting them two at a time. I just want it to be finished now so I shall persevere and try to stop moaning.
I spun 25g of Teeswater. A long staple (individual fibre length) this seemed pretty quick to spin. It has a little sheen to it but isn’t very soft. 25g of Shetland is next on my wheel.
I haven’t quite managed to weave daily but my tea towels are progressing.
I’ve been clearing more bits from the kitchen in readiness for work to start. That has taken quite a lot of mental energy.
Since the 1st I was doing yoga daily but couldn’t find my mojo for anything on Friday. I’ll get back on it again (Yoga with Adriene on YouTube).
This week I finished Miriam Margolyes biography (This Much Is True) which I really enjoyed (it’s not suitable listening around children or those easily shocked or offended). I’m now listening to Billy Connolly’s (Windswept and Interesting) and whilst walking the dog found myself laughing out loud a few times. These are both books to be listened to rather than read…perhaps that’s true for all biographies.
This is a Year of Projects post. Officially the Group is in its 11th year, but this is my 4th year participating. If you would like to find more about the Year of Projects Group on Ravelry. Year 11 list.