A new Year of Projects begins! This is the Group’s 11th Year (YOP11), but my 4th Year.
During the last 3 years I have deviated a lot from my original lists, so I thought for year 11 I would make a change to my starting list. I have carried over some items to finish, but the new items are less specific and less ambitious.
I have also added some new sections. My hope is this will give me more flexibility and be more realistic than a mahoosive list. So here it is! This list is also kept on its own Page, which I will update during the year.
↪ carried over from a previous YOP year
🆕 added to list after week 1.
NB. There are links to the Ravelry pattern, yarn or project page.
- No new superwash yarns (My stash has enough to make socks for many years.)
- Contain my stash! (Limit stash to only what will fit in existing containers (Kallax unit, fibre divider boxes and weaving shelves) and have no overflow containers or bags, only exception to be hand processed Shetland X fleece.)
- Buy yarn for a larger Havana only once I have made space for it! This is hopefully going to keep me motivated to use existing stash for everything else.
- Toy pattern (2nd Minion or Eeyore)
- Reusable cotton face pads
- Dye more of my existing fibre and fleece for lampshades.
- Dye more locks for fairies’ hair
- Dye another self striped sock yarn (I have one undyed skein left).
- ↪ Needle felted Ylva ✳️ Started YOP9!
- ↪ Needle felted Highland Cow ✳️ Started YOP9!
- Pictures and products to sell/gift/keep.
- Make a handbag using the felting ball
- Make plant pot covers
- Finish washing BFL/Shetland X (from Katharine) ✳️ started washing and using it YOP 9.
- Finish washing Shetland X (from Serena) ✳️ started 2nd batch washing week 1
- Practice combing and carding
- Knit 3 garments using:
- ↪ Finish or frog Cabriolet brioche scarf by Carolyn Bloom (yarn Cookston Crafts in Crathie (alpaca/merino/nylon) & Emerald (merino/silk/yak)) ✳️ Started YOP9 week 34!
- Knit more pairs of these socks with stashed yarn (# indicates order they were started):
- ↪️ Knit at least one pair of socks with homespun BFL/seacell yarn.
- Try a new sock pattern
- Knit a pair of DK socks ✳️ #1 started week 1 (these are going to be bed socks I think)
- Knit a variety of accessories, such as mittens, cowls, hats (using existing stashed yarn or handspun only)
- Mostly Warmness by Martina Behm in merino/silk yarn ✳️ started week 1
- Feather and Fan Short Scarf by Kelly Faller in tencel yarn from Flora Fibres ✳️ started week 1
- Lake Reed hat by Asita Krebs in Ripples Crafts Burras DK ✳️ started week 1
- Dish cloths as required.
- Habitation Throw by Helen Stewart using scrap 4 ply. ✳️ started YOP 10 week 45
Painting & Drawing
- Do a new pastel drawing
- Do a new watercolour painting
- ↪️ Make a project using denim from old jeans
- Make a project bag with internal and/or external pockets
- Make a garment.
- Host a Guild Team for Tour de Fleece 2021 ✳ week 1
- ↪ Finish spinning John Arbon Harvest Hues fibre (Started YOP9!) ✳️ week 1 I spun 48g/54m
- ↪ Finish spinning 25g breed project (Started YOP10)
- ↪ Finish spinning BFL/seacell (YOP9) ✅ week 1
- Baby camel and silk colour #4.
- Make fabric to sew at least one garment.
- Make a selection of wide hand/dish towels (e.g. Fibonacci pattern and Diamond stripe towels)
- Make a woven project using handspun yarns
This week has been occupied by Tour de Fleece and kitchen renovation plans, so although I have a few cast-on items there hasn’t been a huge amount of knitting time. Also technically some of these were cast-on during YOP10 week 52, but I excluded them from my round up post.
I don’t really have any other news. Kitchen plans have been tweaked and we need to get some quotes for joinery, underfloor heating, plumbing etc.
Happy 4th July to my American friends. If you are having s’mores please have one for me. They aren’t a thing here 😥
This is a Year of Projects post. Officially the Group is in its 11th year, but this is my 4th year participating. If you would like to find more about the Year of Projects Group on Ravelry.