Here’s my progress so far, basically the first 45 hours:-
On my Russian supported spindle I have been spinning some Whitefaced Woodland fibre and the first batch has been plied. It is coming out about DK weight and first skein is 29.5m. Here’s a picture just before I plied it, I used my Handy Andy that I won at last year’s BritSpin to wind it off the spindle before plying it.
I dyed some fibre earlier this week to spin. 50g of Cheviot in a red and green colour, 50g of Rambouillet in purple and 100g of Perendale (the yarn from our sponsor Wool Tops), yep purple again.
On my spinning wheel, I have finished spinning the Cheviot and Rambouillet. The Cheviot is 2 ply and has worked out as Aran weight at 42.7m. I aimed to get a gradient look and it has worked quite well.
The Rambouillet is 3 ply (chain/Navajo plied) and is Worsted weight at 79.4m long. Next on the wheel will be the Perendale.