Today I’m trying to stop obsessively reading and watching news reports. So I’m baking banana bread, doing a bit more Krokbragd weaving, I’ve done some spinning, caught up with some friends (via Messenger and WhatsApp) and watching Midsomer Murders.
So here’s also how I’ll be keeping busy (physically and mentally) over the coming weeks/months.
- Dax Shepard’s Armchair Expert Podcast. (I’ve nearly caught up on all the old episodes, whilst trying to keep up with twice weekly new ones)
- The Happiness Lab Podcast
- Desert Island Discs Archive Podcasts
- Off Menu with James Acaster and Ed Gamble
- Amy Florence from Stranded Podcast is doing a daily vlog.
- The Grocery Girls have said they’ll do weekly videos.
- Soul Pancake videos
- Weaving instructional videos
- Knitting the Stash
- Metaspencer (husband to Melissa who does Knitting the Stash podcast)
- I’m Reading 2 books:
- One from the library I read before bed, called Dear Edward.
- The other is on my Kindle for when I wake up at 2am or 4am unable to switch off my brain, called The Summer Children by Dot Hutchison, 3rd in a series).
- I’ve signed up for a free trial on Kindle Unlimited so once I return Dear Edward I’ll be working through some free books online.
- Season 2 of ‘You’ on Netflix, we watch an episode per evening meal.
- Outlander episodes each Monday on Amazon Prime
- Trying to finish watching all the episodes of Midsomer Murders on ITVHub (it’s also on BritBox if you have it)
- I like crime dramas and films, romcoms and so will be doing some searches.
I’ve still lost my knitting mojo so concentrating on spinning and weaving at the moment. I’d like to finish my camel and silk spinning, try doing some chunky spin with the orange batts I made up a few weeks ago and then start on some decent quantities of the John Arbon Fibre for knitting a jumper with!! Eventually.
I’m going to sew a bag for my weaving supplies. I’m going to try doing an inside pocket(s)!
So that’s to start with. How will you be keeping busy? Feel free to share your answers below or add link to your own blog post.