When I had knitted the Mostly Warmness cowl to the length (or rather teeth number) specified it seems a little snug on my neck. It’s superwash so will no doubt stretch, so I don’t know whether to graft the 2 ends together now or do one more tooth! For the cowl size…I wondered about blocking the cowl before I graft the ends together, any advice appreciated. It’s garter stitch grafting which I haven’t done before. So I parked it and did a few rows on my Habitation Throw.
Well I tried to get my spinning mojo back by spinning a completely different fibre but I only did a tiny bit and my shoulder started to feel a bit sore, so I basically withdrew from Tour de Fleece at the end of week 1 and that’s a shame as I have enjoyed spinning during the event in past years. However, I have still enjoyed chatting to my team and looking at spinners yarns and fibre from around the world on the Facebook group.
It officially ends today and whilst I am disappointed not to have taken part fully, I am pleased that in the last few months I have finished some long term spinning WIPs so perhaps my race just started earlier this year 😉
Round-up: I finished the BFL seacell blend, attempted combining nepps into a yarn and started the Llama Love fibre above.
I have warped my loom with my adapted Fibonacci pattern, it goes from left to right in blues and right to left in greens…in hindsight I wished I had done the largest number with the darkest shades, rather than the smallest number. Especially as the palest shades aren’t great.
However, this is just an experiment, as I’ve not used 8/4 cotton on a full tea-towel before, only when doing the hem sections of projects with 8/8 cotton. I am also thinking next time I may just use 2 high contrast colours for the warp as maybe the sequence would ‘pop’ more. Anyway, I just need to get weaving now, I’ll be using 8/4 white cotton weft on one towel and trying 8/2 white cotton on the 2nd. Did I accurately measure my warp before winding on??? Nope! So these will end up different length towels (yet again).
Next week I would like to get some more lampshades and fairies made so that should give me a good sense of purpose. I’m going to be sending a friend in Colorado a couple of fairies, but will make a selection for the shop as well.
Coach trips stop in my town and some of the coaches park at the station and the very first shop the tourists walk to/past is the gallery where my items are sold.
When our kitchen renovation/construction starts (don’t ask me when as it’s a sore point right now) there’ll be no space for wet felting so I was thinking I need to make as many of the felted fabric pieces as possible and I could keep constructing them once the kitchen is out of action for the wet process. That’s the plan anyway.
This has been a challenging week for me and after a chat with my GP on Friday we have a plan to help turn things around including helping me get more sleep. It isn’t a problem getting off to sleep, it’s a problem staying asleep, but thank you to everyone who suggested apps and smells etc to help.
This is a Year of Projects post. Officially the Group is in its 11th year, but this is my 4th year participating. If you would like to find more about the Year of Projects Group on Ravelry.