I see that other bloggers have a word of the year that helps them set an intention for the year ahead.
If I have set a word of the year before then I have forgotten it almost immediately. I’m not even sure whether I have set one before.
Also, I have been watching old episodes of Tales from Cuckoo Land which is such a delightful channel by Gayna, a mother of 3 boys, hamster and dog owner, knitter and all round lovely person. 4 years ago her word of the year was “Less” and I thought oh that sounds like a word that would suit me this year.
Also “Less” ties in with:
- the blog post I’d mentioned last Sunday, that was helping me know I have enough yarn, material and clothes.
- wanting less clutter in the house and especially in the garage and loft.
- wanting less waste and having more handmade eco friendly options
- wanting to spend less money on stuff…you know the sort of things that it’s so easy to spend money on but they don’t add anything to your life but clutter!
- less procrastinating and more doing! Ooof I am a procrastaholic if there is such a thing.
- less beating myself up…haha didn’t I just do that in the above bullet…ah well from now on less!
- less worrying about things I can’t control
- less time on social media
Less could be seen as a negative word but I mean it in a more positive light and feel inspired. “Less is more” springs to mind.
Do you have a word of the year? Do you forget what it is or remember? Do you look back at the end of the year to see how your word impacted your year?