Well having spent all that time re-warping my loom and trying to weave my rug yarn, this week I ripped it out and removed the warp carefully, so I can use it in future. It just wasn’t working well enough.
I plan to make a scarf with 2 skeins of yarn from Cookston Crafts, more on that once I’ve started it. I need to decide on a pattern or plain weave first. I’ve found a Ravelry group doing a double heddle (on Rigid Heddle Loom) Weave-a-Long in April and May, so I’m going to join in that. With 2 heddles I can either do double weaving, that gives you double width (with use of pick-up sticks as well). Or I could do 2/1 twill or some other patterns.
- Video calls with friends (where there’s a link on a name, State or location, it links to their blog or page):
- some ladies from the Cromarty Yarn Club at our usual meeting time, just done remotely
- a call with some American blogging friends from Alaska, Ohio and Iowa.
- 6 old friends from my 20s, most still live in the North West of England, but one is living in Belgium.
- 4 of my fellow YOPpers, from Massachusetts, Indiana, Arizona and Vancouver, BC!
- Watching Taskmasters Home Tasking Tasks (on YouTube). I’ve linked to the latest, but they are all great.
- Watching Portia try to cook Ellen dinner (on Ellen De Generes’ Instagram). There’s a few videos, they don’t even know how to use their oven.
- Watching ‘Some Good News’ by John Krasinski over and over again (on YouTube). If you haven’t seen it, here’s the link to episode 2 (watch it to the very end, including credits).
- Watching episodes of The Office (US version) and loving it as much as the first time.
- Playing ScrabbleGo with my sister and being able to use the word Qiviut (which is Musk Ox fibre), that I learned about last year on Knitting the Stash’s podcast! I think I’m highlandheffalump on ScrabbleGo too, if anyone wants to play. *
- Finally sorting out which power adaptors go with which Christmas trees and lights! I know it must seem random, but our outside lights were still hanging up in the garage to dry…yep 3 months later, they were dry!
- Seeing my cucumber, sweet-pea and some other seeds sprouting in my propagator
- Being able to sit outside in a t-shirt on Saturday to eat lunch
- Making 3 loaves of fresh bread (well putting the ingredients in the bread-maker)…gee whiz we are both rubbish at slicing it. I did a post earlier in the week about my first loaf using mostly out of date ingredients from my baking drawer.
- Finding out Matt Lucas’s song Baked Potato is number one in the UK. He’s been doing some duets of it too, with Gary Barlow and another with Rick Astley too. Warning, this song is an ear worm and you’ll find yourself singing it!
- Talking of duets, Gary Barlow has been doing Crooner sessions at 5pm BST on Facebook, he’s had Brian May, Cliff Richard, Catherine Jenkins and many more. I tune in to this now, instead of the 5pm doom and gloom News briefing.