Karen at NothingButKnit blog has put out a new Q&A to her readers, and has asked these questions:
My answers are as follows:
- My mum and I would collect stones from the beach and paint them and varnish them. I remember one was a ladybird/ladybug. We also did ‘paintings’ using pasta, dried beans and glue. I also loved my fuzzy felt kits. My sister always wanted to be playing with other kids, but I was content just doing crafts with my mum.
- I made a basket with the help of my host mother when I was an au pair in Michigan. I have had basket making supplies in the wardrobe, to make another, for the last 24 years!!
- Hmmmm I am trying to think of a craft I haven’t tried…I haven’t tried macrame yet but I don’t think I’d necessarily be bad…I find with practice I can do everything well enough for my standards.
- Give up crafting!! Goodness what a thought, I re-started crafting after a breakdown from work related stress so I may end up spending my time reverting to a crying couch potato! Perhaps I’d go back to doing more gardening and photography, I’d have to have some creative outlet even if its planning to ‘paint’ my garden with flowers.
- I like watercolour painting, but I struggle to get passionate about it like I am with fibre related crafts. I am still using watercolour paint tubes I bought 26 years ago…I think that says it all! There’s some watercolour attempts in this previous post