I added some more rows to Havana, but not worth a photo yet.
I have struggled to find time to make fairies the last couple of weeks, but I did manage to make 3 Halloween themed fairies on Thursday evening (well they have pumpkin coloured clothing so that makes them Halloweeneeeeee to me!) I have another 11 heads and arms prepped so hope next week there’ll be more to show.
I made some more lampshades too. They don’t photograph very well these landscape ones. I mostly photograph them as a quick reference shot once constructed and before wrapping. The colours are much clearer in life.
I also had a request to make a flower shade with bees, for a lady who likes my shades but they don’t go with the pottery base she has. So I have had a play at making one. I will needle felt more detail and bees, but this was it still damp after wet felting.
I also have felted a square to use on a clock kit I have bought as a test.
Question: What I haven’t thought about is how to indicate the hours! On a tide clock I produced I just needle felted little dots for the hours. What do you think? Would sheep at 3, 6 and 9 o’clock look odd and dots for the hours between? Then what about 10 to 2? Hmmm Dots or sheep or something else??
(Here’s a reminder of the tide clock I made.)
I finished the 1st Christmas sock but haven’t had a chance to start its buddy. I think I may have a case of 2nd sock syndrome! That’s two pairs I have now with just one made! Who am I right now!?! Not the normal completer/finisher.
BritSpin finished on Sunday evening and I did a post with my individual results earlier in the week. Our team results are finally in and we came 5th out of 12 teams, which is an outstanding effort for our first year. I’m super proud of our team. I did a brief post with our teams results.
I crashed a bit after BritSpin and some anxiety earlier in the week has affected my sleep all week. I hate feeling powerless when anxiety strikes. Finding out on Saturday our results has given me a real lift.
At the start of this year I had arranged to buy an Ashford Traveller spinning wheel from a lady in North Wales. I was due to pick it up on my trip to see friends and my dad in Spring but then lockdown happened. I noticed on the BritSpin Ravelry Group a picture of a candle in the lady’s memory. She very sadly died last month.
One of our Guild ladies is selling lots of her wheels, including an Ashford Traveller so I am buying hers instead. It has a double treadle (you use 2 feet) so it should help my right knee from doing most of the work. It will be a lot easier to travel with me to spinning group and to Guild days…once they are allowed to re-start. It also will take up less space and therefore fit in the living room full time. Another friend is bringing it down with her on the train, so it will be living up to its name!
It’s been a weird week, I’ve slept badly most nights and the week has gone by in a tired blur. I think I need to cast on a hat or mittens, something quick to get back to following my YOP list. Fingers crossed normality will return next week.
This is a Year of Projects post. Officially the Group is in its 10th year, but this is my 3rd year participating. If you would like to find more about the Year of Projects Group on Ravelry.