This is the Group’s 12th Year (YOP12), but my 5th Year.
My plan is to knit less but weave, felt, spin and sew more during the next 12 months. I will still be knitting, just not as much. Hopefully you’ll stick with me during the year ahead. You’ll notice a lot of ↪️ symbols…these are items I’ve carried forward from an earlier YOP year. One of my main aims this year is to complete/achieve those carried forward items (except the Habitation Throw which will likely to take years for me to have enough scrap 4 ply yarn for)!
So, on to listing what’s in my list this coming 12 months.
↪️ carried over from a previous YOP year
🆕 added to list after week 1
⁉️ fell at a hurdle but back on track
NB. There are links to the Ravelry pattern, yarn or project page.
- No new superwash knitting yarns. From today…I may have bought some on Friday…see acquisitions post.
- ↪️Contain my stash! (Limit stash to only what will fit in existing containers (2 x Kallax unit, rainbow drawers and weaving shelves) and have no overflow containers or bags, only exception to be hand processed Shetland X fleece.)
- ↪️Buy yarn for a larger Havana only once I have made space for it! This is hopefully going to keep me motivated to use existing stash for everything else.
- Havana blanket (once I have enough room in Kallax to store the yarn!)
- ↪️ Dye more locks for fairies’ hair
- Experiment with microwave dyeing
- Try solar acid dyeing
- ↪️ Needle felted Ylva ✳️ (Started YOP9!)
- ↪️ Needle felted Highland Cow ✳️ (Started YOP9!)
- ↪️ Make a handbag using the felting ball ✳️ (Started YOP11 week 24 fibres weighed and test felt)
- ↪️ Make plant pot covers
- Pictures and products to sell/gift/keep. Fairies – ; Lampshades – ; Tomte – ; Baubles – ; Wreaths -.
- ↪️ Finish washing BFL/Shetland X (from Katharine) ✳️ started washing and using it YOP 9.
- ↪️ Finish washing Shetland X (from Serena) ✳️ started washing YOP11 week 1
- Practice combing wool fibre
- Knit 3 garments:
- Celtic Myths Shawl by Asita Krebs in Baa Ram Ewe Dovestone DK ✳️ started week 1
- A summer weight small shawl.
- Frog any sock yarn shawls I don’t wear
- ↪️ Knit at least one pair of socks with homespun yarn.
- Knit more pairs of these socks with stashed yarn (# indicates order they were started):
- Knit Sweet and Tartan socks by Tracie Millar
- Knit using existing stashed yarn or handspun only:
- ↪️ Habitation Throw by Helen Stewart using scrap 4 ply. ✳️ (started YOP 10 week 45)
- Gansey Afghan by Lena Skvagerson using Isle of Auskerry/North Ronaldsay yarn
- Dish cloths as required.
- Dolores van Hoofen by Franklin Habit in Valley Yarns Aran
- Dolores Transatlantic Travel Ensemble by Fiona Ellis in Valley Yarns 4 ply and Tahki Yarns Donegal Tweed
Painting & Drawing
- ↪️ Do a new watercolour painting
- Do a new pastel drawing
- ↪️ Make a project using denim from old jeans
- Make trousers with fabric in stash
- Make play suit/jumpsuit with fabric in stash
- Make top (test version) with fabric in stash
- Make actual top with handwoven cotton fabric I make
- Make something else with handwoven wool fabric I make
- ↪️ Finish spinning John Arbon Harvest Hues fibre (✳️ Started YOP9!)
- ↪️ Finish spinning 25g breed project (✳️ Started YOP10)
- ↪️ Baby camel and silk colour #4. (✳️ started YOP11 week 14)
- ↪ BFL/Shetland Parma violets (✳ started YOP11 week 52 but I forgot I record it in my last post)
- Spin 2021 advent fibres
Rigid heddle loom
- ↪️ Make a woven project using handspun yarns
- ↪️ Make fabric to sew garments.
- Midnight Shawl by Kelly Casanova
- Make a selection of wide hand/dish towels
- Make some inkle bands from the book my sister gave me for Christmas
- Make a Minion inkle tablet weaving band
- Try another tablet card weaving pattern.
Have a 3rd lesson in wood turning.
A busy week, tour de fleece started, I saw the new Minion movie and bought a talking Otto minion for my collection. I saw Andrea Bocelli concert in Inverness, which was brilliant although the organisation of it was a disaster and it started late. Not his fault but the organisers and people were still arriving 1.5 hrs after people were supposed to be seated. I have done some other posts this week about the TDF and some new acquisitions. I also reorganised my craft room for the 5,000th time. Hopefully I can keep it tidy now!
This is a Year of Projects post. Officially the Group is in its 12th year, but this is my 5th year participating. If you would like to find more about the Year of Projects Group on Ravelry.